Presentation: “Collaborative Drug Therapy Management Act: Overview and Implementation
Date: Thursday, September 15, 2011
5:30 PM Industry Exhibits
6:30 PM CE – Presentation: “CDTM Overview” by Dr. Mark Sinnett (Director of Education,MontefioreMedicalCenter)
7:15 PM CE – Presentation: “CDTM: Documenting Clinical Pharmacy Services and Outcomes” by Dr. Henry Cohen (Professor of Pharmacy Practice atLong IslandUniversitySchoolof Pharmacy)
8:00 PM CE – Presentation: “CDTM: Clinical Pharmacy Billing” by Dr Robert DiGregorio (Professor of Pharmacy Practice atLong IslandUniversity)
8:30 PM Program Ends
Location: Wintergarden at CHONY (New York Presbyterian – Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital)3959 Broadway (166th Street and Broadway) New York,NY10032
Directions: Take the 1 train to168TH ST– Washington Hts. Walk 0.13 miles South-West to destination
CE Presentation Objectives:
- State the components of the Collaborative Drug Therapy Management Act and their relevance to the practice of pharmacy inNew YorkState.
- Discuss how one can demonstrate safe and positive outcomes in a CDTM environment
- Describe how to document clinical pharmacy services such as pharmacotherapy interventions, antimicrobial stewardship, adverse drug event, medication teaching and pharmacy-based ambulatory care services
- Design a system to disseminate clinical pharmacy services provided to patients and pertinent outcomes to hospital executives, board of directors and other hospital staff
- Describe the benefits of credentialing pharmacotherapists with the Medical Staff
- Describe implementation of several pharmacy-based ambulatory care clinics, following a CDTM model
Continuing Education Accredited By: New York State Council of Health-system Pharmacists
Intended Audience: Pharmacists
The NYS Council of Health-system Pharmacists is approved by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmaceutical education. This program 0134-9999-11-137-L04-P is approved for 0.2 CEU’s (2 contact hour). Statements of Continuing Pharmaceutical Education Credit can be obtained online at www.healthsystemce.org using a CE code that will be provided at the meeting. This is a knowledge based program. There is no grant support for this program.
This program is free to all members of the New York City Society of Health-system Pharmacists that RSVP. A $65.00 non-refundable fee for non-members is payable at the time of admission of you RSVP. Non-members that do not RSVP will be charged $65.00.
RSVP via email for September 15, 2011 meeting. RSVP no later than August 31, 2011 to: Kwaku Marfo, President. Email (preferred): firstname.lastname@example.org with “September meeting” as subject heading or by fax to (718) 798-0722 (Attn: Kwaku Marfo). Please include the following information: Name, phone/email, affiliation/college, NYCSHP member (yes, no), Student (yes, no).
Please note that seating may be limited due to space constraints. Please RSVP early.
EDIT: I have uploaded some files that go with the meeting that you may find helpful! Links below!