Here’s the opportunity for you to commemorate a hard-working, passionate, and dedicated pharmacy practitioner. It’s a way to thank your mentor or supervisor.
We have three upcoming NYCSHP Awards. Winners will be announced and awarded at the NYCSHP installation dinner in June. Awards are…
1) Two Student Awards (any school)
2) Outstanding Member Award
3) Joel Yellin Award of Merit
4) Harold Neham Memorial Award
NYCSHP Student Award (two (2) awardees)
- Nomimee must be a student NYCSHP member and may nominate themselves or another NYCSHP member may nominate a deserving pharmacy student.
- Nominee must be in their sixth (6th) final year of their pharmacy school career to be eligible.
- Nominee is encouraged to have experience working or volunteering in a healthsystem pharmacy practice (i.e. hospital, longterm care, industry, managed care, etc.).
- Nominee must submit an essay detailing their career goals and interest in healthsystem pharmacy practice or submit an essay about a current healthcare topic.
- Nominee must submit current curriculum vitae.
- Nominee must submit at least one (1) letter of recommendation from a healthsystem pharmacist who is nominating.
- Nominee is encouraged to be active in ASHP or NYSCHP local chapters.
- New York City must be their PRIMARY chapter.
Outstanding Member Award (Volunteerism Award):
- The nominee must be a resident of the metropolitan New York area and a member of the society.
- Award recipients are selected by the President and voted on by the BOD.
- The individual must have attended 50% of the monthly membership meeting,
- Nominee must have participated in at least three public relations and community outreach activities for the year.
Joel Yellin Award of Merit (one (1) awardee)
Established in 1967, and renamed the Joel Yellin Award of Merit in 20034, this award is presented by the NYCSHP to honor an individual who has made a significant contribution to the practice of hospital/healthsystem pharmacy. The nominee must be a primary member of the City Society. His/her contribution to the profession should have had a positive effect on the practice of hospital pharmacy. Nominations should be in writing (letter of support), accompanied by a curriculum vitae of nominee. The nominations should be signed by two or more active members.
Harold Neham Memorial Award (one (1) awardee)
The NYCSHP established this award in 1982 to honor the “Founding Father” and first president of the Society. The purpose of this award is to honor a member the Society who has made a contribution to the literature that promotes the profession of hospital/healthsystem pharmacy or improves hospital/healthsystem pharmacy services. The nominee must be a primary member of the society. The individual must have contributed to the literature via publications, formal presentations to organized professional meetings, or other presentations deemed appropriate by the Awards Committee. Nominations should be in writing (letter of support), accompanied by a curriculum vitae of nominee. The nominations should be signed by two or more active members.
Looking forward to getting your nominations! Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31st, 2013