The Outstanding Student Award is presented by the New York City Society of Health-System Pharmacists to an exceptional pharmacy student who has expressed dedication to health-system pharmacy. The New York City Society of Health-System Pharmacists Board of Directors selects the award recipient.
- Nominee must be a student NYCSHP member and may nominate themselves or another NYCSHP member may nominate a deserving pharmacy student.
- Nominee must be in their final year of their pharmacy school career to be eligible.
- Nominee is encouraged to have experience working or volunteering in a health-system pharmacy practice (i.e. hospital, longterm care, industry, managed care, etc.).
- The individual must have attended 50% of the monthly membership meetings.
- Nominee must have participated in at least three public relations and community outreach activities for the year.
- Nominee must submit an essay detailing their career goals and interest in health-system pharmacy practice or submit an essay about a current healthcare topic.
- Nominee must submit current curriculum vitae.
- Nominee must submit at least one (1) letter of recommendation from a health-system pharmacist who is nominating.
- Nominee is encouraged to be active in ASHP or NYSCHP local chapters.
- New York City must be their PRIMARY chapter.
- Award recipients are voted on by the Board of Director
Past NYCSHP Student Award Recipients:
|2021 – 2022||Vanessa Xu|
|2020 – 2021||Dawn Nguyen|
|2019 – 2020||Kateryna Kovalenko|