The New York City Society of Health-System Pharmacists (NYCSHP) is a chapter of The New York State Council of Health-System Pharmacists (NYSCHP). NYSCHP is a state affiliate of American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP). We represent our members who practice in the many different areas of health-system pharmacy practice.
Our chapter provides networking, continuing education programs, and leadership opportunities pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, and student pharmacists practicing and studying in health care facilities throughout New York City. NYCSHP is active in the community through outreach programs in schools, fundraising efforts, medical centers and in teaching hospitals.
Approved by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmaceutical education (CE), the New York City Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists offers a full spectrum of continuing education programming across the state at both live in person and virtually. Presented to members and non-members, either free or at a minimal cost, our CE programs are offered throughout the year.
NYCSHP is actively involved in advocacy efforts, in support of the Collaborative Drug Therapy Management (CDTM) signed into law in 2011. NYCSHP strongly supports and has contributed to the expansion of the scope of practice, regulation of pharmacy technicians and expansion of pharmacy immunization to pharmacy interns as well as to all Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommended vaccines.
- NYCSHP ACPE accredited continuing education (CE) programs are offered hybrid, in person at New York City venues, as well as virtually, displaying a wide range of important presentation topics.
- NYCSHP ACPE accredited CE courses, presented across the state throughout the year by the NYSCHP Education and Professional Development committee, held virtually and held on Thursday evenings.
- Monthly lunch time CE programs are held virtually by the state council once a month.
- NYSCHP Miniseries CE series are held virtually by the state council twice a year.
- The Tristate Health-System Pharmacy Summit joins New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut Health-System Pharmacists together for a Friday meeting to provide networking opportunities and consists of 5 hours of CE programming.
- The Annual Assembly Meeting, held each spring, consists of the House of Delegates, exhibits, keynote speaker, poster session, student clinical competition, installation program and more. The Annual Assembly Meeting offers at least 20 CE credits in one fun-filled weekend.
- Discounted early bird registration is available for onsite NYSCHP sponsored meetings, exhibits, and educational courses. Virtual CE programs are provided through the local chapter and state council without additional costs.
- Grassroots advocacy developments and initiatives are shared through committee meetings, continuing education, and legislative visits. The legislative counsels in Albany monitor governmental activity and guide our lobbying program.
- The grassroots advocacy movement encourages member contact and visits with representatives about bills that effect health-system pharmacists.
- Government Affairs Committee reviews pharmacy related bills and develops position papers reflecting NYSCHP’s support or opposition.
Public Relations and Communication
- Provide valuable information and promotional CE program advertisements through our society’s Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter accounts.
- Top CE Take-aways provide important summaries of CE programs.
- Spotlights highlight members for their achievements and accomplishments.
- The society’s programs are shared through the YouTube channel.