NYCSHP established the New Practitioner Award in 2016 to recognize an exemplary new practitioner (<5 years in practice) who has made significant contributions to the society, the profession, and who through professional practice and activities has promoted the mission of NYCSHP.
- Active new practitioner member of NYCSHP (New Practitioner is defined as Y1-Y5 post-college graduation).
- Active participation in NYCSHP activities such as attendance at BOD meetings, community events, and CE/networking programs.
- Excellence in pharmacy practice following pharmacy licensure. Written comments from contributing letters of support to verify practice excellence.
- Candidate has made sustained contributions to the total body of pharmacy knowledge through presentations, poster presentations, and/or widely distributed publications. A copy of candidate’s curriculum vitae is required.
- Candidate is highly regarded by students, peers, other health care practitioners, and/or members of the public as a role model new practitioner.
- New York City must be their PRIMARY chapter.
Past NYCSHP New Practitioner Award Recipients:
|2021 – 2022||Stephen Eng|
|2020 – 2021||Matthew Li|
|2019 – 2020||Emily Messing|
|2018 – 2019||Jamie Chin|
|2017 – 2018||Nikki Bhogal|
|2016 – 2017||Harshal Shukla|