NYCSHP established this award in 2016 to recognize an exemplary new practitioner member who has made significant contributions to the NYC Society, the profession and who, through their professional practice and activities, has promoted the mission of NYCSHP. Each candidate must meet or exceed each of the following criteria in order to be eligible for this award:
- Active NYC new practitioner primary chapter member of NYCSHP (New Practitioner is defined as Year 1-5 post Doctor of Pharmacy graduation)
- Active participation in NYCSHP activities such as attendance at BOD meetings, community events, and CE/networking programs.
- Excellence in pharmacy practice following pharmacy licensure. Written comments from contributing letters of support to verify practice excellence
- Candidate has made sustained contributions to the total body of pharmacy knowledge through presentations, poster presentations, and/or widely distributed publications. Submission candidate’s curriculum vitae is required
- Candidate is highly regarded by students, peers, other healthcare practitioners, and/or members of the public as a role model new practitioner
NYCSHP New Practitioner Award Recipients: